Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default What does error 9 mean

I am working in a excel program that I DID NOT create. However i would like
to have the bottom Sheets hidden and i want to create a button on the home
page that will link them to each page that i have hidden. Once they click on
that button it will bring up the hidden page. Then i am going to create
button on that sheet that will say back to home page at that point it will
hide that page again. Why am i getting this error here is the code i was
using wrong:

Sub UnhideHerdDescription()
Sheets("UnhideHerdDescription").Visible = True
Sheets("UnhideHerdDescription").Select
End Sub

Am i using the wrong code??? please help me i have a lot to do i have 5
sheets to do on this program.
--
Thank you, Brenda
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Brenda

Most likely it is a Name conflict.

If you look at your previous post which is at the bottom of this thread, you
can see the difference. Your Sub Title differs from the SheetName

Make a slight change to the Sub title.

Sub Unhide_Herd_Description()
Sheets("UnhideHerdDescription").Visible = True
Sheets("UnhideHerdDescription").Select
End Sub

Let us know how you go.

Also, did the previous Hide/Unhide code work for you, just curious as you
did not provide any feedback.

Sub UnhideExpenseCorpOffice3quarter()
Sheets("ExpenseCorpOffice3quarter").Visible = True
Sheets("ExpenseCorpOffice3quarter").Select
End Sub

Hide Solution to this one was:

Sub HideExpenseCorpOffice3quarter()
Sheets("ExpenseCorpOffice3quarter").Visible = False
Sheets("SomeOtherSheetName").Select
End Sub

HTH
Mark.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Your code works ok for me

I'd just check that the actual name on the tab: UnhideHerdDescription
matches exactly with what's in the code (except for case)
(or the other way around)

Watch out for typos & extra white spaces, the usual culprits
--
Max
Singapore
"Brenda" wrote:
I am working in a excel program that I DID NOT create. However i would like
to have the bottom Sheets hidden and i want to create a button on the home
page that will link them to each page that i have hidden. Once they click on
that button it will bring up the hidden page. Then i am going to create
button on that sheet that will say back to home page at that point it will
hide that page again. Why am i getting this error here is the code i was
using wrong:

Sub UnhideHerdDescription()
Sheets("UnhideHerdDescription").Visible = True
Sheets("UnhideHerdDescription").Select
End Sub

Am i using the wrong code??? please help me i have a lot to do i have 5
sheets to do on this program.
--
Thank you, Brenda

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes it worked in the previous program that i created. Thank you so much for
your help. Your help is greatly appreciated i am so new at all of this. If
possible if we are aloud to exchange email address i would apprecite your
help. If you are okay with this let me know and i will supply you with mine.
My computer locked up and now i have to reboot and i am going to try and work
on this tomorrow since it is late now. Thank you and i will check this email
tomorrow. Wish me luck as i try your suggestion.
--
Thank you, Brenda

"NoodNutt" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

The title of the Sub is not relevant
Sub UnhideHerdDescription()

What is relevant is the name of the tab in these lines
Sheets("UnhideHerdDescription").Visible = True
Sheets("UnhideHerdDescription").Select

which needs to match exactly with what's on the tab
(except for case)

Check that the actual name on the tab is really:
UnhideHerdDescription

Then hide that tab, try running your sub again. It should work ok.
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
Downloads:19,500 Files:362 Subscribers:62
xdemechanik
---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Marvellous to hear that, Brenda
Glad you got going there
--
"Brenda" wrote in message
This worked perfect and thanks for the clarification.... Much appreciated
--
Thank you, Brenda

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Brenda

I have no problems helping directly, it can be benifivial, particularly when
it comes to moving files back & forth, although my time can be limited as I
work nightshift, though I am more than happy to provide any assistance when
I can.

That said!

As a general rule posting questions and recieving responses from
contributors may indirectly assist others who may have a similar problem,
thus minimising the clutter of multiple like questions posted each day.

you can mail me @

I live in Australia, the current time zone is Daylight Savings on the
Eastcoast = +11.00GMT.

Regards
Mark.