weclean

Default How do I import from Quickbooks and create a link.

I ned to import financial statements from Quickbooks. Because acxcount
balances may change as a result of journal entries I need ti create a link so
that the change is effected in Excel too. How do I do it?
Fredrik Wahlgren

"weclean" wrote in message
I ned to import financial statements from Quickbooks. Because acxcount
balances may change as a result of journal entries I need ti create a link

so
that the change is effected in Excel too. How do I do it?

Excel can open files in many different formats like txt, csv, xml. You need
to figure out what formats you can get when pulling data from QB.

/Fredrik

Ruan

In Quickbooks you can create reports, which in turn can be exported to
Excel. My company has created a Master Excel workbook that links to all the
exported Quickbook excel reports.

I hope this helps a little.
Ruan

"weclean" wrote in message
I ned to import financial statements from Quickbooks. Because acxcount
balances may change as a result of journal entries I need ti create a link
so
that the change is effected in Excel too. How do I do it?

weclean

Ruan,
I' fine with exporting the data. Thew problem I'm having is when the data
changes such as a journal entry after I first exported. After theentry the
accounts have different balances but haw do I get that change to flow to the
excel workbook/worksheet?
HELP please!

"weclean" wrote in message
I ned to import financial statements from Quickbooks. Because acxcount
balances may change as a result of journal entries I need ti create a link
so
that the change is effected in Excel too. How do I do it?

weclean

Fredrik,
Actuall I'm exporting standard P&L and B/S from Quickbooks to Excel so the
format is ok. My issue is to update excel when the data changes from such
activity as an adjusting journal entry I think ther's a "hyperlink" command
that needs to be used at some point.
If you know the answer please help.

"Fredrik Wahlgren" wrote:

"weclean" wrote in message
I ned to import financial statements from Quickbooks. Because acxcount
balances may change as a result of journal entries I need ti create a link

so
that the change is effected in Excel too. How do I do it?

Excel can open files in many different formats like txt, csv, xml. You need
to figure out what formats you can get when pulling data from QB.

/Fredrik

Fredrik Wahlgren

"weclean" wrote in message
Fredrik,
Actuall I'm exporting standard P&L and B/S from Quickbooks to Excel so the
format is ok. My issue is to update excel when the data changes from such
activity as an adjusting journal entry I think ther's a "hyperlink"

command
that needs to be used at some point.
If you know the answer please help.

I see. I understand you mean that the import is OK but you now want to be
able to update the Quickbook database from Excel. I think you should consult
your Quickbooks manual to find out how to do so. As far as i can see, it's
no longer an Excel issue.

/Fredrik

Alan Beban

Fredrik Wahlgren wrote:
"weclean" wrote in message

Fredrik,
Actuall I'm exporting standard P&L and B/S from Quickbooks to Excel so the
format is ok. My issue is to update excel when the data changes from such
activity as an adjusting journal entry I think ther's a "hyperlink"

command

that needs to be used at some point.
If you know the answer please help.

I see. I understand you mean that the import is OK but you now want to be
able to update the Quickbook database from Excel.

No; he means he wants to update the Excel "database" from QuickBooks.

Alan Beban

I think you should consult
your Quickbooks manual to find out how to do so. As far as i can see, it's
no longer an Excel issue.

/Fredrik

Fredrik Wahlgren

"Alan Beban" wrote in message
Fredrik Wahlgren wrote:
"weclean" wrote in message

Fredrik,
Actuall I'm exporting standard P&L and B/S from Quickbooks to Excel so

the
format is ok. My issue is to update excel when the data changes from

such
activity as an adjusting journal entry I think ther's a "hyperlink"

command

that needs to be used at some point.
If you know the answer please help.

I see. I understand you mean that the import is OK but you now want to

be
able to update the Quickbook database from Excel.

No; he means he wants to update the Excel "database" from QuickBooks.

Alan Beban

Right. I didn't read this properly. The proble is that if the data comesinto
Excel from a csv file, there's no connection of any kind betseen the data
in an Excel cell and a value in the Quickbook's database. Uou need some kind
of DDE link or RTD component that maintains the connection. Ask those who
made QB.

/Fredrik