Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Drag and fill on a filtered data sheet.

Hi,
I need to find the minimum value among the cells between filtered rows, but
the problem is the range between the filtered rows is different. Here's an
example:

(Already filtered mode)
Row No. Price
1 100$
10 260$
40 300$
55 40$
120 170$

So I need the minimum price between rows No. 1 and 10 to be displayed on the
first row, and the minimum price between rows No. 10 and 40 to be displayed
on the 10th row etc.
Could anybody help me on this issue?
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dear Muddan Madhu,
Thank you very much for your help, but I still can't get how to give the
needed range. Let me explain once more what I need, I guess I wasn't clear
first time.

(filtered mode)
Row No. Price 3rd column
1 100$ ?
10 260$
40 300$
55 40$
120 170$

So we have already filtered sheet here, and I need to place a formula in the
third column (instead "?") which will find the minimum value for Rows from 1
to 10, including filtered (hidden) rows. If I specify the range manually, I
will not be able to drag and fill the formula so as to find out the minimum
value for Rows from 10 to 40, from 40 to 55 etc., as the step is different
(i. e. there is a different number of hidden rows between visible rows). I'm
not sure I could make myself clear enough this time, but in any case, thank
you very much for your help.

"muddan madhu" wrote:

try this

=SUBTOTAL(5,A1:A100)

On Oct 20, 5:44 pm, Pash wrote:
Hi,
I need to find the minimum value among the cells between filtered rows, but
the problem is the range between the filtered rows is different. Here's an
example:

(Already filtered mode)
Row No. Price
1 100$
10 260$
40 300$
55 40$
120 170$

So I need the minimum price between rows No. 1 and 10 to be displayed on the
first row, and the minimum price between rows No. 10 and 40 to be displayed
on the 10th row etc.
Could anybody help me on this issue?
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

try this

for Row 1 to 40 =Small(B1:B40,1) or Min(B1:B40)

for Row 41 to 55 =Small(B41:B55,1)........

On Oct 20, 6:54*pm, Pash wrote:
[...]

"muddan madhu" wrote:
try this

=SUBTOTAL(5,A1:A100)

On Oct 20, 5:44 pm, Pash wrote:
Hi,
I need to find the minimum value among the cells between filtered rows, but
the problem is the range between the filtered rows is different. Here's an
example:

(Already filtered mode)
Row No. * Price *
1 * * * * * * *100$ *
10 * * * * * *260$
40 * * * * * *300$
55 * * * * * *40$
120 * * * * *170$

So I need the minimum price between rows No. 1 and 10 to be displayed on the
first row, and the minimum price between rows No. 10 and 40 to be displayed
on the 10th row etc.
Could anybody help me on this issue?
Thanks in advance.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What is the logic you have applied for filtering I.e. what is the filtering
criteria

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Pash" wrote in message
I need to find the minimum value among the cells between filtered rows,
but
the problem is the range between the filtered rows is different. Here's an
example:

(Already filtered mode)
Row No. Price
1 100$
10 260$
40 300$
55 40$
120 170$

So I need the minimum price between rows No. 1 and 10 to be displayed on
the
first row, and the minimum price between rows No. 10 and 40 to be
displayed
on the 10th row etc.
Could anybody help me on this issue?
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dear Ashish Mathur,
The column shown in the example is not the one to which filtering is
applied. I've filtered the sheet by one column, but need the minimum values
to be calculated for another one.

Best wishes.

"Pash" wrote in message
I need to find the minimum value among the cells between filtered rows,
but
the problem is the range between the filtered rows is different. Here's an
example:

(Already filtered mode)
Row No. Price
1 100$
10 260$
40 300$
55 40$
120 170$

So I need the minimum price between rows No. 1 and 10 to be displayed on
the
first row, and the minimum price between rows No. 10 and 40 to be
displayed
on the 10th row etc.
Could anybody help me on this issue?
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

How are you? Could you mail me the workbook at

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com