Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Filter Freezing

My filter keeps freezing and I have to remove and keep adding until I get a
list again. It is occuring more and more often and becoming very frustrating.
It does not matter if there is a lot of information, or a few rows, static or
formulas, it keeps occuring.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Are there links that update in your workbook?, you could also take a
look at turning the automatic calculation off in TOOLSOPTIONS.

--
The Code Cage Team

Regards,
The Code Cage Team
The Code Cage Team's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=2
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=5322

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

1. What version of Excel?
2. What type of filter - Advanced Filter, Auto Filter, Subtotal, Pivot
Table, Table (List), or something else?
3. When you say freezes - do you mean that you must go to the Program
Manager and End Task?
4. Do you give the system a lot of time to complete the operation before
you go shut it down - what is a lot of time? 1 minute, 5 minutes, 6 hours.
5. Does this happen in all spreadsheets or just one?
6. Is the spreadsheet very large - how large.
7. Is the filtered list long - how long?
8. Are there links to other files in the spreadsheet.
9. How much RAM do you have
10. How much Free hard drive space on the computer
11. Is this a shared workbook?

In the mean time try the following:
1. Close down all other programs except Excel.
2. Close down all files except the one with the problem.
3. Set Recalculation to Manual
4. Choose Tools, Options, General, and check Ignore other applications

Let us know if any of this helps.

If this helps, please check the Yes button.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire