Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default cell value

This is what I am trying to do. I am trying to give reference of a cell by
adding number to that cell.
Means I am trying say cell D5= C12. But I would like to set up a formula
stating C(5+7)

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Have a look in Help for the INDIRECT function
Let G1 have the value 5 and G2 the value 7, then the formula
=INDIRECT("C"&G1+G2) will be equivalent to =C12
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP