Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default sumproduct count with date

Howdie all.
I'm trying to do a sumproduct that looks only at the fact there is a date
value in a cell.
I thought that I could use DATE(,,) but that didn't work.
My final goal will be to do a count of my total elements with dates only.
I.e., I have 2 columns, one has codes, and the other has dates.
thus far I've tried:
=sumproduct((CritRng1="Code")*(CritRng2=DATE(,,)))
=sumproduct((CritRng1="Code")*(CritRng2=IsNumber() ))
=sumproduct((CritRng1="Code")*(CritRng2=value()))
=sumproduct((CritRng1="Code")*(CritRng2=IsNumber(v alue(cell#))))
And I cannot use DATE because it won't allow me just general dates; I need
to provide specific dates.
Value() didn't work.

What can I use to check if a cell has contents? and build a count function
off of that?
The actual contents don't matter in the second array of my sumproduct.
This is for a 2003 user so I cannot use countifs

Thank you.
Best.
SteveB.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

SteveDB1 wrote:
[...]

Try IsNumber(CritRng2) instead of CritRng2=IsNumber().
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Glenn,
This appears to work.
I'll let you know if I have any trouble with it.
Again-- thank you.

"Glenn" wrote:

SteveDB1 wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Glenn, just wanted to stop back in and say that my user says it works
excellently.
So-- thank you.
Best.

"Glenn" wrote:

SteveDB1 wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

SteveDB1 wrote:
Glenn, just wanted to stop back in and say that my user says it works
excellently.
So-- thank you.
Best.

You are welcome. Glad I could help.