Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Copy Formulas of Filtered Data

Hi Folks - I create daily recon sheets. Once I am done, I copy the daily
sheet to an accumulated sheet. In the daily sheets, I basically work with
rows 1-20. However, I usually filter the daily sheet prior to copying to the
accumulated sheet. What I notice is that when I copy the first daily sheet
into the accumulated sheet, my formulas are copied properly. But, once I
filter and copy the second daily figures below the first day's figures on
the accumulated sheet, my formula results are converted to values. I have a
workaround, but I'm trying to understand why Excel does this. Or, is there a
better way to accomplish my task? Make sense?

--
Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
~L ~L is offline

Formulas copied from a non-continguous range in a filtered list paste as
values.

I don't know why.

Instead of filering, sort the filtered items out of your copy range.