Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default #missing!

Hi! I have a worksheet with several tables. The tables are linked to each
other using functions such as LOOKFORROW and others. I want to calculate the
average of certain columns. however in many columns there is one or more
cells that says #MISSING!, hence I cannot calculate an average. How do I
solve this? I want simply ignore the missing values or treat them as the
value befor or something. thanks alot for any help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=AVERAGE(IF(ISNUMBER(A1:A100),A1:A100,""))

This is an array formula that must be entered with CNTRL-SHFT-ENTER
rather than just the ENTER key.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200807

"Arne Hegefors" wrote:

Hi! I have a worksheet with several tables. The tables are linked to each
other using functions such as LOOKFORROW and others. I want to calculate the
average of certain columns. however in many columns there is one or more
cells that says #MISSING!, hence I cannot calculate an average. How do I
solve this? I want simply ignore the missing values or treat them as the
value befor or something. thanks alot for any help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In Swedish that would be

=MEDEL(OM(ÄRTAL(A1:A100);A1:A100;""))

still entered with ctrl + shift & enter