Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lutra

Default Who is missing ?

Hello Forum,

I create a daily list of staff acording to their shifts on work sheet
AAA.
We then manually insert the staff in their positions on sheet BBB.
Both sheets are spread over a no. of cols.

My question is what possibilities do we have to create a list on a
sepereate sheet CCC which lists only those staff members which have not
been assigned in sheet BBB.

Is this at all possible.
All and any help would be greatly appreaciated.
regards,
Lutra

--
lutra
lutra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31712

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme

Would be easier to answer if we knew the layout of AAA and BBB.
On AAA are the staff listed in one column?
Or on many columns? Are the columns the same each day?
best wishes

--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"lutra" wrote in
message ...

Hello Forum,

I create a daily list of staff acording to their shifts on work sheet
AAA.
We then manually insert the staff in their positions on sheet BBB.
Both sheets are spread over a no. of cols.

My question is what possibilities do we have to create a list on a
sepereate sheet CCC which lists only those staff members which have not
been assigned in sheet BBB.

Is this at all possible.
All and any help would be greatly appreaciated.
regards,
Lutra

--
lutra
lutra's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=546177

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
excelent

hi try

http://pmexcelent.dk/Staff.xls

"lutra" skrev:

Hello Forum,

I create a daily list of staff acording to their shifts on work sheet
AAA.
We then manually insert the staff in their positions on sheet BBB.
Both sheets are spread over a no. of cols.

My question is what possibilities do we have to create a list on a
sepereate sheet CCC which lists only those staff members which have not
been assigned in sheet BBB.

Is this at all possible.
All and any help would be greatly appreaciated.
regards,
Lutra

--
lutra
lutra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31712
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=546177

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
excelent

UPS CHANGE CELL A1 WIDTH THIS

=IF(COUNTIF(AAA!A1:$A$20;BBB!A1)=0;AAA!A1;"")

AND COPY DOWN

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lutra

Thank You for the reply
However my difficulties are that the used values are over more than one
colum in AAA and the same goes for those in BBB.
I cannot simply use a list which of course would be the best choice.
RGDS
Lutra

--
lutra
lutra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31712
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=546177

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CaptainQuattro

Instead of using 3 separate sheets why not try the following:

I assume you have a column on sheet AAA identifying each person's
shift
To the right of your data add a column titled "Position"

Select cell A1 and click Data Filter Autofilter

Filter first by Shift and then by Position and choose "(Blanks)" to
identify unassigned names.

--
CaptainQuattro
CaptainQuattro's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32763

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lutra

Thank you for your interest;
Here attached a sample file of how it looks.

RGDS
Lutra

Bernard Liengme Wrote:
[...]

View this thread: