Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Followinf Friday of a certain day

I have in cell "A5" one day of the month
I need a formula in "A6" that gives me the following
friday of that specific day based on the input on "A5"

Any ideas??
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=A1+6-WEEKDAY(A1)

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Alfredo_CPA" .(donotspam) wrote in message
I have in cell "A5" one day of the month
I need a formula in "A6" that gives me the following
friday of that specific day based on the input on "A5"

Any ideas??
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Doesn't quite work, if A5 is a Saturday.

=A5+7-(WEEKDAY(A5+1))
--
John C

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=A1+6-WEEKDAY(A1)

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Alfredo_CPA" .(donotspam) wrote in message
I have in cell "A5" one day of the month
I need a formula in "A6" that gives me the following
friday of that specific day based on the input on "A5"

Any ideas??
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks John
It works perfect
P.S. for other members: the formula gives you the following Friday of that
day (including the day itself ). If you don;t want to include the day itself
then, please use
Peo posting

"John C" wrote:

Doesn't quite work, if A5 is a Saturday.

=A5+7-(WEEKDAY(A5+1))
--
John C

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=A1+6-WEEKDAY(A1)

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Alfredo_CPA" .(donotspam) wrote in message
I have in cell "A5" one day of the month
I need a formula in "A6" that gives me the following
friday of that specific day based on the input on "A5"

Any ideas??
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Peo
It works perfect
P.S. for other members: the formula gives you the following Friday of that
day (without including the day itself ). If you want to include the day
itself then, please use John posting

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

=A5+8-WEEKDAY(A5+2)

Peo Sjoblom

"Alfredo_CPA" .(donotspam) wrote in message
I have in cell "A5" one day of the month
I need a formula in "A6" that gives me the following
friday of that specific day based on the input on "A5"

Any ideas??
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the feedback :D
--
John C

"John C" wrote:

Doesn't quite work, if A5 is a Saturday.

=A5+7-(WEEKDAY(A5+1))
--
John C

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=A1+6-WEEKDAY(A1)

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Alfredo_CPA" .(donotspam) wrote in message
I have in cell "A5" one day of the month
I need a formula in "A6" that gives me the following
friday of that specific day based on the input on "A5"

Any ideas??
Thanks

friday date deepika :excel help[_2_] Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 February 18th 08 05:48 PM
Second Friday Deb Excel Worksheet Functions 4 January 26th 07 02:41 PM
3rd Friday every month Zsolt Szabó Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 18 January 15th 07 04:07 AM
Friday Winston New Users to Excel 16 October 30th 05 12:12 PM
Finding Friday Arlen Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 January 23rd 05 05:08 AM