-   -   Followinf Friday of a certain day (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/206329-followinf-friday-certain-day.html)

Alfredo_CPA

Followinf Friday of a certain day

I have in cell "A5" one day of the month
I need a formula in "A6" that gives me the following
friday of that specific day based on the input on "A5"

Any ideas??
Thanks

Bob Phillips[_3_]

Followinf Friday of a certain day

=A1+6-WEEKDAY(A1)

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Alfredo_CPA" .(donotspam) wrote in message
I have in cell "A5" one day of the month
I need a formula in "A6" that gives me the following
friday of that specific day based on the input on "A5"

Any ideas??
Thanks

Peo Sjoblom[_2_]

Followinf Friday of a certain day

=A5+8-WEEKDAY(A5+2)

Peo Sjoblom

"Alfredo_CPA" .(donotspam) wrote in message
I have in cell "A5" one day of the month
I need a formula in "A6" that gives me the following
friday of that specific day based on the input on "A5"

Any ideas??
Thanks

John C[_2_]

Followinf Friday of a certain day

Doesn't quite work, if A5 is a Saturday.

=A5+7-(WEEKDAY(A5+1))
--
John C

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=A1+6-WEEKDAY(A1)

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Alfredo_CPA" .(donotspam) wrote in message
I have in cell "A5" one day of the month
I need a formula in "A6" that gives me the following
friday of that specific day based on the input on "A5"

Any ideas??
Thanks

Alfredo_CPA

Followinf Friday of a certain day

Thanks John
It works perfect
P.S. for other members: the formula gives you the following Friday of that
day (including the day itself ). If you don;t want to include the day itself
then, please use
Peo posting

"John C" wrote:

Doesn't quite work, if A5 is a Saturday.

=A5+7-(WEEKDAY(A5+1))
--
John C

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=A1+6-WEEKDAY(A1)

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Alfredo_CPA" .(donotspam) wrote in message
I have in cell "A5" one day of the month
I need a formula in "A6" that gives me the following
friday of that specific day based on the input on "A5"

Any ideas??
Thanks

Alfredo_CPA

Followinf Friday of a certain day

Thanks Peo
It works perfect
P.S. for other members: the formula gives you the following Friday of that
day (without including the day itself ). If you want to include the day
itself then, please use John posting

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

=A5+8-WEEKDAY(A5+2)

Peo Sjoblom

"Alfredo_CPA" .(donotspam) wrote in message
I have in cell "A5" one day of the month
I need a formula in "A6" that gives me the following
friday of that specific day based on the input on "A5"

Any ideas??
Thanks

John C[_2_]

Followinf Friday of a certain day

Thanks for the feedback :D
--
John C

"John C" wrote:

Doesn't quite work, if A5 is a Saturday.

=A5+7-(WEEKDAY(A5+1))
--
John C

"Bob Phillips" wrote: