Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Hiding Errors for formulas

I am trying to create a workbook with multiple worksheets that utilizes only
one data sheet and has the formulas already in place so that someone else can
fill in just the hard data numbers and get the information out of the
formulas. Because it is for a at least a year and we only have 1 months worth
of data, it is giving me =DIVD/0! errors. Can I hide the error message so
that the formula stays inside each cell but fills when the data sheet is
filled?
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A generic approach:

=IF(ISERROR(your formula),"",your formula)

If you post an example of your formula we might be able to suggest something
better.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Kati" wrote in message
I am trying to create a workbook with multiple worksheets that utilizes
only
one data sheet and has the formulas already in place so that someone else
can
fill in just the hard data numbers and get the information out of the
formulas. Because it is for a at least a year and we only have 1 months
worth
of data, it is giving me =DIVD/0! errors. Can I hide the error message so
that the formula stays inside each cell but fills when the data sheet is
filled?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Here is an example of the formula:
=+(Data!T3+Data!T4+Data!T5)/((Data!C3+Data!C4+Data!C5)-(Data!AK3+Data!AK4+Data!AK5))
My problem is that I don't have all the data in the datasheet that I am
pulling into the worksheets. The data will consistantly be changing each
month, but because I am setting up the formula for someone else, they want to
just be able to plug in the data and have the formulas calculate. However
they don't want to see the errors when we don't have the data.
Thanks for the help.
Kati

"Kati" wrote in message
I am trying to create a workbook with multiple worksheets that utilizes
only
one data sheet and has the formulas already in place so that someone else
can
fill in just the hard data numbers and get the information out of the
formulas. Because it is for a at least a year and we only have 1 months
worth
of data, it is giving me =DIVD/0! errors. Can I hide the error message so
that the formula stays inside each cell but fills when the data sheet is
filled?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ok...

The only way that formula will return a #DIV/0! error is if this portion =0:

((Data!C3+Data!C4+Data!C5)-(Data!AK3+Data!AK4+Data!AK5))

Or, if you already have #DIV/0! errors in some referenced cell.

So, try it like this:

=IF(SUM(Data!C3:C5)-SUM(Data!AK3:AK5),SUM(Data!T3:T5)/(SUM(Data!C3:C5)-SUM(Data!AK3:AK5)),"")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP