Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Zen Zen is offline

Default HIDING FORMULAS

I need to sent my file to our customers, I dont want them to see my
formulas. How I can hide them? They are adding rows and changing values so I
cannot fully protect my file before sending.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Zen,

Select the range of cells whose formulas you want to hide. You can also
select nonadjacent ranges (nonadjacent selection: A selection of two or more
cells or ranges that don't touch each other. When plotting nonadjacent
selections in a chart, make sure that the combined selections form a
rectangular shape.) or the entire sheet.
On the Format menu, click Cells, and then click the Protection tab.
Select the Hidden check box.
Click OK.
On the Tools menu, point to Protection, and then click Protect Sheet.
Make sure the Protect worksheet and contents of locked cells check box is
selected.

Caution - This procedure also prevents the cells that contain the formula
from being edited.

"zen" wrote:

I need to sent my file to our customers, I dont want them to see my
formulas. How I can hide them? They are adding rows and changing values so I
cannot fully protect my file before sending.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See other reply about hiding formulas.

You can lock and hide just certain cells and leave the rest unlocked.

When protecting the sheet it is possible to enable insert rows and columns.

One caveat with all this............Excel's internal security is very weak and
passwords easily cracked.

The best advice is if you don't want someone to see the data, don't include it
in the worksheet.

In your case with it being an interactve sheet I guess you can't do that.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 08:57:01 -0700, zen wrote:

I need to sent my file to our customers, I don’t want them to see my
formulas. How I can hide them? They are adding rows and changing values so I
cannot fully protect my file before sending.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What about just copying the entire spreadsheet and using Paste
Special-Values to create a no-formula worksheet?

Just my $0.02 ...