Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default help needed with excel, need to count the number ofpeople here each hour.

Hi there,

I have some data formated as below

7:00 15:00
7:00 15:00
8:00 16:00

7:00 15:00
7:00 15:00
6:30 14:30

7:00 15:00

10:00 18:00
11:00 19:00
11:00 19:00

11:00 19:00
11:00 19:00
13:00 21:00
15:00 23:00
15:00 23:00
15:00 23:00

I need to figure out a formula to count how many people would be here at

07:00
08:00
09:00

etc I have been playing around with a few things but so far I have only been able to count up the occurences of people coming in, I can't figure out how to back out the time once people leave.

Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default help needed with excel, need to count the number of people here ea

Hi,

See if this works for you:

=COUNTIF($A$1:$A$22,"<="&F1)-COUNTIF($B$1:$B$22,"<="&F1)

Where A1:A22 contain the first set of times and B1:B22 contain the second
set of times. In cell F1 I have entered 7:00 and copied this down as far as
you need. Then I entered the formula above in G1 and copied it down.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire