Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Percentage and rank

I have 20 salesmen, each with different quotas and start dates. For example
Guy A has $424 in and shows 57% since his quota is 783 YTD. But Guy B has
$18 in and shows 115% since his YTD quota is $16...he started a month ago.
So when I rank..obviously Guy B ranks 1. For YTD sales, I need a formula to
rank them 1-20..based on the differences in their quotas. Can this be done?
Thaks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Before we start on this how are your percentages arrived at

424/783 - You say 57% - I say 54.15%
18/16 - You say 115% - I say 112.5%

Mike

"dcarr" wrote:

I have 20 salesmen, each with different quotas and start dates. For example
Guy A has $424 in and shows 57% since his quota is 783 YTD. But Guy B has
$18 in and shows 115% since his YTD quota is $16...he started a month ago.
So when I rank..obviously Guy B ranks 1. For YTD sales, I need a formula to
rank them 1-20..based on the differences in their quotas. Can this be done?
Thaks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

OK,

But now I don't understand the question. I have assumed your year start
1/1/2008. Take the numbers below as the situation end Sep 2008. Who should be
ranked No1 and why? From this we should be able to produce a formula.

Actual Budget Performance Start date
424 783 54.15% 01/01/2008
18 16 112.50% 01/09/2008

Mike

"dcarr" wrote:

I have 20 salesmen, each with different quotas and start dates. For example
Guy A has $424 in and shows 57% since his quota is 783 YTD. But Guy B has
$18 in and shows 115% since his YTD quota is $16...he started a month ago.
So when I rank..obviously Guy B ranks 1. For YTD sales, I need a formula to
rank them 1-20..based on the differences in their quotas. Can this be done?
Thaks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That's what I'm trying to sort out...since guy 2 (112%) only started a month
ago, does he really rank #1 over the guys that have been working since Jan?
I really think I have too many different quotas for this to work.

"dcarr" wrote:

I have 20 salesmen, each with different quotas and start dates. For example
Guy A has $424 in and shows 57% since his quota is 783 YTD. But Guy B has
$18 in and shows 115% since his YTD quota is $16...he started a month ago.
So when I rank..obviously Guy B ranks 1. For YTD sales, I need a formula to
rank them 1-20..based on the differences in their quotas. Can this be done?
Thaks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

well, thanks mike I do think i'm wasting my time. The guy with the 112% has
a montly quota of 16...and has only been working for a month. while the guy
with the 54% has a monthy quota of 85 and has been working for 9 months.
Thanks for you help, I'll see if I can come up with a better way to rank them