Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel 2007: Insert Row into Defined Area & Inherit Above Formulas

I swear that prior to Excel 2007, if you inserted above a range of cells with
formulas that the new row was not totally blank - it fill-copied down the
inherited (from row above) formula.

Am trying to do the same in 2007. Have an input template defined on a
protected spreadsheet where the user enters some data and there are automatic
calculations. If during Sheet protection I allow the user to be able to
insert rows, it inserts a row and maintains the cell fill color, but does not
copy down the cell formula from the row above.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

:-)

Excel 2003 also does NOT copy the formula. Formatting is inherited in the
new row but not the formulas.

You need to use a macro to do this.

"Andrew Gill" wrote:

I swear that prior to Excel 2007, if you inserted above a range of cells with
formulas that the new row was not totally blank - it fill-copied down the
inherited (from row above) formula.

Am trying to do the same in 2007. Have an input template defined on a
protected spreadsheet where the user enters some data and there are automatic
calculations. If during Sheet protection I allow the user to be able to
insert rows, it inserts a row and maintains the cell fill color, but does not
copy down the cell formula from the row above.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have seen a few on this forum...

You can have a insert button which will insert a new row and copy the
formulae from the row above...

Let me know if you are unable to find a solution.
--
To get my email id paste my address in an Excel cell and press Enter...

"Andrew Gill" wrote:

Thanks. Anyone have a good macro for this?

:-)

"Andrew Gill" wrote:

I swear that prior to Excel 2007, if you inserted above a range of cells with
formulas that the new row was not totally blank - it fill-copied down the
inherited (from row above) formula.

Am trying to do the same in 2007. Have an input template defined on a
protected spreadsheet where the user enters some data and there are automatic
calculations. If during Sheet protection I allow the user to be able to
insert rows, it inserts a row and maintains the cell fill color, but does not
copy down the cell formula from the row above.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

David McRitchie has a macro to insert rows with formulas..

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/code/insrtrow.txt

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 21:57:00 -0700, Andrew Gill
wrote:

Thanks. Anyone have a good macro for this?

:-)