Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default =INT(0+(1-0+1)*RAND()) wtf?

=INT(0+(1-0+1)*RAND())

The "(1-0+1)" part makes no sense...

how can I express the random formula in shortest form?

=INT(0+(2)*RAND())???

I need a 1 or 0, no other options and fully whole numbers.

thanks a load.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Since it's impossible for a computer to make a random number then how
can we do this for real?

I only have a computer to use.

thanks

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 22:46:58 -0400, Robert Blass
sayd the following:

=INT(0+(1-0+1)*RAND())

The "(1-0+1)" part makes no sense...

how can I express the random formula in shortest form?

=INT(0+(2)*RAND())???

I need a 1 or 0, no other options and fully whole numbers.

thanks a load.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Are you looking for this?

=INT(2*RAND())

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Robert Blass" wrote in message
=INT(0+(1-0+1)*RAND())

The "(1-0+1)" part makes no sense...

how can I express the random formula in shortest form?

=INT(0+(2)*RAND())???

I need a 1 or 0, no other options and fully whole numbers.

thanks a load.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I need a 1 or 0, no other options and fully whole numbers.
how can I express the random formula in shortest form?

Try one of these:

This requires the Analysis ToolPak add-in be installed on versions of Excel
prior to Excel 2007.

=RANDBETWEEN(0,1)

Another way:

=ROUND(RAND(),0)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Robert Blass" wrote in message
=INT(0+(1-0+1)*RAND())

The "(1-0+1)" part makes no sense...

how can I express the random formula in shortest form?

=INT(0+(2)*RAND())???

I need a 1 or 0, no other options and fully whole numbers.

thanks a load.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

by god that was it!

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 23:06:53 -0400, "Rick Rothstein"
sayd the following:

Are you looking for this?

=INT(2*RAND())