Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Interest Earned?? over time?

Starting with $50.
Contributing exactly $100 per month every month for 10 months

Formula would be?

using excel 97'

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi
based on the "limited" amout of info you have provided, i would suggest that
you look up these formulas in xl help......
=pmt
=PPmt
=cumpmt
=CumPrinc
there are others
surely one of these will get you started

regards
FSt1

regards
FSt2

"Robert Blass" wrote:

Starting with $50.
Contributing exactly $100 per month every month for 10 months

Formula would be?

using excel 97'

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Robert,

With the Annual interest rate in cell A1 (Entered as a percent)

=FV(A1/12,10,-100,-50)

Interest earned would be that - 1050.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Robert Blass" wrote in message
Starting with $50.
Contributing exactly $100 per month every month for 10 months

Formula would be?

using excel 97'

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 18:19:01 -0700, FSt1
sayd the following:

hi
based on the "limited" amout of info you have provided, i would suggest that
you look up these formulas in xl help......
=pmt
=PPmt
=cumpmt
=CumPrinc
there are others
surely one of these will get you started

oh of course, surely one will...ok

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Allow me and permit me to explain more better.

It started @ $44 and is NOW @ $1,600 in just 10 months.

What would it have been IF I had contributed $108 per month for all 10
months so far?

thanks all......

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 21:24:48 -0400, "Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @
consumer dot org sayd the following:

Robert,

With the Annual interest rate in cell A1 (Entered as a percent)

=FV(A1/12,10,-100,-50)

Interest earned would be that - 1050.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Robert Blass" wrote in message
.. .
Starting with $50.
Contributing exactly $100 per month every month for 10 months

Formula would be?

using excel 97'

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Or, if you have equal periods (like monthly), you can use the rate command,
as in:

=rate(10,-108,-44,1600)

Remember, this answer will be a periodic (ie, monthly) rate of return. Most
people would just multiply by 12 to get an annual rate, but remember it's
compounded monthly.

Regards,
Fred.