Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Calculating Interest Earned

Does anyone know if excel is able to calculate interest earned? basically I
want it to look like the formula I have listed below

Dollar amt * APR / Days in a year * days in a month = Interest Earned

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

try (apr/365)*number of days you want *amount.
example amount in A1, APR in A2 as %, number of days interest wanted in A3
then use =(A2/365)*A1*A3
--
John
MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)