Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Return to 1st cell in next line in multi-column list for quicker e

I want the return key to go the first cell of the next line in a multi-column
list when I am doing data entry instead of clicking the cell or using the
arrow keys to get back to the first cell each time. It works that way
sometimes, but only sporadically?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you start in your 'home' column, and use tab and SHIFT+tab only to go back
and forth between your data, then when you hit return key, you will go to the
next row in your 'home' column. However, if you use anything else (i.e.:
cursor keys, mouse click), it essentially resets your 'home' column.
--
John C

"Katijo" wrote:

I want the return key to go the first cell of the next line in a multi-column
list when I am doing data entry instead of clicking the cell or using the
arrow keys to get back to the first cell each time. It works that way
sometimes, but only sporadically?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

One play is to select the range, then to press Tab key to advance it to the
next cell after each data entry. For eg, assume you are entering data into
B2:D5. Select B2:D5 (B2 active), then just type your input for B2. It'll go
into the activecell B2. Press Tab. Activecell shifts right to C2. Type input
for C2. Press Tab. Type input for D2. Press Tab. The activecell auto returns
to the next line's 1st cell B3. Type input for B3. Press Tab. And so on. Test
the behaviour out for yourself.

To zig-zag inputs the other way within the selected range ie: down then
across, press ENTER key after each input
--
Max
Singapore
"Katijo" wrote:
I want the return key to go the first cell of the next line in a multi-column
list when I am doing data entry instead of clicking the cell or using the
arrow keys to get back to the first cell each time. It works that way
sometimes, but only sporadically?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Go to editing options in excel advanced options , make sure that the check
box is ticked next to
after pressing enter....Then select down..which is next to direction. This
will move to next cell down after
return or enter. Does not matter how many columns or cells are selected.
Skinman