Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Reference a cell on another sheet and have the information auto up

I have a spreadsheet with employees in rows and courses taken in columns. I
have a seperate sheet with one cell for employee and the courses taken in
rows. I would like to click on the spreadsheet with all the info on it and
have it automatically fillin my second sheet with the employees name and the
courses that employee has taken.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Record a macro while you use DataFilterAutofilter on the data sheet and
coipy/paste the visible cells to the other sheet.

Assign that macro to a button and click the button.

Note: your employee name will be hard-coded in the macro.

You will probably have to add an InputBox to enter a name each time you run
the macro.

With the few details provided, hard to guess at some code.

Please use column and row references rather than "a column" and "some rows".

Employee names in which column of data sheet?

How many courses columns?

All courses for that employee in one row?

Copy to same sheet every time?

Overwrite the existing employee on the paste to sheet?

Append each employee and courses below last employee copied over?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 14:29:00 -0700, Danielle
wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with employees in rows and courses taken in columns. I
have a seperate sheet with one cell for employee and the courses taken in
rows. I would like to click on the spreadsheet with all the info on it and
have it automatically fillin my second sheet with the employees name and the
courses that employee has taken.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On second thought, maybe some VLOOKUP formulas on second sheet could work.

No "clicking on the sheet" however.

You would have to select a cell and enter a name

Gord