Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
WT WT is offline

Default Count and Sum function

I have a large range of data 37000 rows and multiple columns on a second
sheet that will vary in length more or less depending on the month.

I need to count the number of cells that contain the same value as in col A
but falls within a value between 0-50 in col b.

and then sum those same cells.

Obviously Sum and Count won't do this, please help.

Thanks in advance

--
Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

This isn't clear which column(s) must be the same as A. pehaps some sample
data would help.

Mike

"WT" wrote:

I have a large range of data 37000 rows and multiple columns on a second
sheet that will vary in length more or less depending on the month.

I need to count the number of cells that contain the same value as in col A
but falls within a value between 0-50 in col b.

and then sum those same cells.

Obviously Sum and Count won't do this, please help.

Thanks in advance

--
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
WT WT is offline

Sample data

sheet1
2280<-50.00, Tot amt, # of Rec.
???.?? ???
2280 50<500 ??.?? ??

sheet2
Col A Col B
2280 24.58
4125 2008.10
2280 150.30
4123 0 .03

Now I'll try to explain the best I can.....

I need to find all of the records that contain "2280" and determine which
range the amt falls into. 0-50, 50-500, 500. Then I need to count the
number of records and sum the amt for each different range. The records
that I am searching are on the second sheet and each different range of amt
has a different display cell so I don't need a formula that contains all the
ranges at once. Just one range of amt at a time.

Then of course I need to do that for each different number in col A.

Hope you can help