Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Count Function

Hi

Can someone help me...

Eg: Raw Data

A B
1 uma Pen
2 uma Pen
3 uma Pen
4 sundu tamang Pen
5 sundu tamang Pen
6 sundu tamang Pen
7 sundu tamang Pen
8 uma pencil
9 uma pencil
10 sundu tamang Rubber
11 sundu tamang Rubber

I need the count to be displayes as mentioned below for the above data:
the formula should check column A and then take the count for relvant
product from column B.

Currently iam doing it manually and can some one help me with it cause now i
have huge data of 10k for which i need to check the count as mentioned below.

Eg: Output should be

A B C D
1 Name Pen Pencil Rubber
2 Uma 3 2 0
3 Sundu Tamang 4 2 2

thnaks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Pivot tables, you need to have headers on the raw data like Name and Items
or something, then select the table and do datapivot table and pivot table
report, click next click the layout button and drag the name header to the
row field, the item header to the column field (or row field depending how
you want it to look) and also the items header to the data field and click
finish

Peo Sjoblom