Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default autofilter indicator change

When a column is selected and an autofilter is applied the carrot indicator
at the top of the column changes very slightly (the triangle goes from black
to blue) . Does anyone have a way of making it stand out so I know which
column has an auto filter applied? Having the whole thing go yellow or red
would help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Debra Dalgleish has a sample workbook with event code to color the headers
with AF enabled.

FL0014 - Colour Filter Headings -- Event code colours the filtered column
headings, when an AutoFilter is applied. FilterColour.zip 9 kb 15-Apr-05

http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#Filter

BTW.............what is a "carrot" indicator?

Could that be "caret" (^) ?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 7 Oct 2008 09:48:01 -0700, cbray
wrote:

When a column is selected and an autofilter is applied the carrot indicator
at the top of the column changes very slightly (the triangle goes from black
to blue) . Does anyone have a way of making it stand out so I know which
column has an auto filter applied? Having the whole thing go yellow or red
would help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks. That does do what I want. I wasn't quite certain what to call the
pull down arrows at the top of the columns. It isn't an arrow one draws -
which is what help pointed me to. It isn't really a caret, so I went for
carrot figuring someone would figure me out.

Thanks.. That code seems to do what I want, now I just have to apply it.

Carolyn

wrote:

When a column is selected and an autofilter is applied the carrot indicator
at the top of the column changes very slightly (the triangle goes from black
to blue) . Does anyone have a way of making it stand out so I know which
column has an auto filter applied? Having the whole thing go yellow or red
would help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the feedback.

I call those indicator thingies "arrows".

I believe most users have settled on that.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP