Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Data Entry

When I exit a cell after entering data, the worksheet "save"hourglass
displays for 30 seconds or so. Can I delay that step until all data has been
entered?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

go to Tools - Options - Calculation. Change to Manual.

You can then enter everything you need.

You can tap F9 to refresh all formulas.

You can go back and change back to Automatic once you've done all of your
work.

"Giles" wrote:

When I exit a cell after entering data, the worksheet "save"hourglass
displays for 30 seconds or so. Can I delay that step until all data has been
entered?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can set the calculation to manual (toolsoptionscalculation) and set it
to save when
you close the workbook or when you press F9, shift + F9, ctrl + alt + F9,
ctrl + shift + alt + F9

You can go to help and type in calculation in the search box, the above all
do different things.

Also note that when you have calculation set to manual and you put a formula
in a cell and drag that formula down to copy to other cells it will stay the
same until you calculate the sheet.

It certainly speeds up the spreadsheet if you have many calculations

Peo Sjoblom