Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to return the last non-blank cell in a column that is TEXT

In any cell of column C of Sheet 2, I want it to return the last non-blank
cell from Sheet 1 Column D...being the last non-blank cell in or ABOVE that
row. Column D in sheet 1 has TEXT and no numbers. My range I'm working from
on sheet 1 is D7:D7000.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming there are no formula blanks in the range:

=LOOKUP(REPT("z",255),D7:D7000)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"VSlaybaugh" wrote in message
In any cell of column C of Sheet 2, I want it to return the last non-blank
cell from Sheet 1 Column D...being the last non-blank cell in or ABOVE
that
row. Column D in sheet 1 has TEXT and no numbers. My range I'm working
from
on sheet 1 is D7:D7000.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 15:14:11 -0700, VSlaybaugh
wrote:

In any cell of column C of Sheet 2, I want it to return the last non-blank
cell from Sheet 1 Column D...being the last non-blank cell in or ABOVE that
row. Column D in sheet 1 has TEXT and no numbers. My range I'm working from
on sheet 1 is D7:D7000.

=LOOKUP(2,1/(LEN(D7:D7000)0),D7:D7000)

--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry guys. Both of your functions produce the same results but not what I'm
after. I need for the result to return what was last TEXT in the column ABOVE
or IN that particular row where the function is...not what is in the very
last cell of a column.

wrote:

In any cell of column C of Sheet 2, I want it to return the last non-blank
cell from Sheet 1 Column D...being the last non-blank cell in or ABOVE that
row. Column D in sheet 1 has TEXT and no numbers. My range I'm working from
on sheet 1 is D7:D7000.

=LOOKUP(2,1/(LEN(D7:D7000)0),D7:D7000)

--ron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could enter this formula in C7 of Sheet2, and copy down to C7000:

=LOOKUP(REPT("z",255),Sheet1!D$7:D7)

This will give you a row by row return of the data on Sheet1.

If you want to simply enter a formula in any cell in Column C of Sheet2,
from Row 7 downward,
try this:

=LOOKUP(REPT("z",255),Sheet1!D$7:INDEX(Sheet1!D:D, ROW()))

And copy down if need be.

Don't forget, start at least in Row7.
--

HTH,

RD

wrote:

In any cell of column C of Sheet 2, I want it to return the last
non-blank
cell from Sheet 1 Column D...being the last non-blank cell in or ABOVE
that
row. Column D in sheet 1 has TEXT and no numbers. My range I'm working
from
on sheet 1 is D7:D7000.

=LOOKUP(2,1/(LEN(D7:D7000)0),D7:D7000)

--ron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Wow...your second formula worked best. I tried plugging in the first one but
I must have done something wrong. I wish I had the knowledge you all have in
figuring things out like this. Thanks so much for the great help!