Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Using automatic Unique Validation list

I have a Price List in Sheet1 Like
A B C
1 Product Pack Rate
2 Mango Jam 500 Gm 20.00
3 Mango Jam 250 Gm 18.00
4 Pinapple Jelly 500 Gm 35.00
5 Pinapple Jelly 250 Gm 25.00
6 Pinapple Jelly 150 Gm 20.00
Continued...to Last
In A2 of Sheet2 I have done as follows :
Data menu/Validation/List
The problem is that every time it shows the same Produce in more times like
"Mango Jam" 2 times, "Pinapple Jelly" 3 times etc.

But I want to using a auto unique validation list from A2:A300 of Sheet 1 to
A2 of Sheet which will show only one product in drop down list.
Is there any solution for above.

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You will first need to extract the unique values to a separate range by
using Advanced filter - just check the "unique records" box. Once you have
the unique items in a different range, apply data validation list

Ashsih Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com