Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default unique SUM

I have three columns,. first column contains a list of items, and the
second one is the description of the first column, and the third one is qty
of each item. specific items may be repeated multiple times within the first
column,
how could I get the unique SUM of each item?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe this

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A30="Coats")*(B1:B30="Red Ones")*(C1:C30))

Obviously changed to match what you are looking for in columns A & B.

Mike

"kaveh" wrote:

I have three columns,. first column contains a list of items, and the

second one is the description of the first column, and the third one is qty
of each item. specific items may be repeated multiple times within the first
column,
how could I get the unique SUM of each item?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try something like this:

=SUMIF(A1:A100,"item1",C1:C100)

Or, better to use a cell to hold the item name:

E1 = item1

=SUMIF(A1:A100,E1,C1:C100)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"kaveh" wrote in message
I have three columns,. first column contains a list of items, and the

second one is the description of the first column, and the third one is
qty
of each item. specific items may be repeated multiple times within the
first
column,
how could I get the unique SUM of each item?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Hi Mike

Thanks for your time, actualy lets make it two columns, one in the item, and
second is the qty of each item, by using the formula below I have the unique
list if items of the first column, but each itme has diffrent quantity and
repeated lots of time, I want to get the total sum of each unique item

{=INDEX($A$3:K$200,MATCH(TRUE,ISERROR(MATCH($A$3:$ A$200,$M$2:$M2,0)),0),1)}

"kaveh" wrote:

I have three columns,. first column contains a list of items, and the

second one is the description of the first column, and the third one is qty
of each item. specific items may be repeated multiple times within the first
column,
how could I get the unique SUM of each item?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hmmm,

I have three columns,. .....

sometimes you hit em sometimes you don't :(

Mike

"kaveh" wrote:

I have three columns,. first column contains a list of items, and the
second one is the description of the first column, and the third one is qty
of each item. specific items may be repeated multiple times within the first
column,
how could I get the unique SUM of each item?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Thanks T. Valko

You did it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Thanks Mike

=SUMIF(A1:A100,E1,C1:C100)
It worked for me

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

and i would have suggested something along those lines for 2 columns

"kaveh" wrote:

=SUMIF(A1:A100,E1,C1:C100)
It worked for me

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions