Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pull all correponding data when summarizing

Hello -
Daily data is downloaded from another application into excel worksheet (col
A-F). The pounds values for each row are then attributed to a specific
supplier in Columns G-N by manual entry. I would like to display data by
supplier (showing all data from A-F) into a separate sheet. A sort would work
- but the original data table needs to stay in chronological order. I have
been using =if(g2=0,"",+a2) etc. This works accurately, but my summary table
is not concise due to all the "blank" lines - I am sure there's a better way!!
Thanks for your time !
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One way to reduce the length of your summary table is to apply
autofilter to one of the columns - from the filter pull-down select
non-blanks from the bottom of the list, then all the rows will bunch
together.

I'm not sure I fully understand what you are doing, though. Surely a
summary table should summarise the data, so if you have, say, six
lines for supplier_A on the other sheet, you want just one line on
your summary sheet with all the values for that supplier added
together (or counted) in each field. You can accomplish this by means
of SUMIF and/or COUNTIF.

Perhaps if you describe in more detail what you have and what you are
trying to achieve, then it might become a bit clearer and we might be
able to offer you more specific advice.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 3, 6:00*pm, cindyk wrote:
Hello -
Daily data is downloaded from another application into excel worksheet (col
A-F). The pounds values for each row are then attributed to a specific
supplier in Columns G-N by manual entry. I would like to display data by
supplier (showing all data from A-F) into a separate sheet. A sort would work
- but the original data table needs to stay in chronological order. I have
been using =if(g2=0,"",+a2) etc. This works accurately, but my summary table
is not concise due to all the "blank" lines - I am sure there's a better way!!
Thanks for your time !

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you for your reply, Pete.

My challenge is to create a report detailing the loads received from an
individual supplier (perhaps 15 of the 40 daily loads) to furnish to the
supplier on a daily basis with minimal upkeep. Appling autofilter definately
works, but then it's necessary to paste values to another page to ensure data
submitted only pertains to the specific supplier.
I was wondering if there was a way to get the same info into a linked page
without manually pasting. I do appreciate your input.

On Oct 3, 6:00 pm, cindyk wrote:
Hello -
Daily data is downloaded from another application into excel worksheet (col
A-F). The pounds values for each row are then attributed to a specific
supplier in Columns G-N by manual entry. I would like to display data by
supplier (showing all data from A-F) into a separate sheet. A sort would work
- but the original data table needs to stay in chronological order. I have
been using =if(g2=0,"",+a2) etc. This works accurately, but my summary table
is not concise due to all the "blank" lines - I am sure there's a better way!!
Thanks for your time !

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Could you tell me what columns you are using and for what data? Do you
want everything brought forward to the other sheet?

You can do this by having a drop-down on the other sheet where you
select the supplier from a pre-defined list, and then the records for
that supplier would automatically appear, for you to print out. Change
the supplier from the drop-down and you will get a completely
different list. All could be done automatically.

If it is too difficult to describe here, send me a copy of your .xls
file (suitably anonymised if you have sensitive data) to:

pashurst <at auditel.net

Change the obvious.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 3, 6:00 pm, cindyk wrote:
Hello -
Daily data is downloaded from another application into excel worksheet (col
A-F). The pounds values for each row are then attributed to a specific
supplier in Columns G-N by manual entry. I would like to display data by
supplier (showing all data from A-F) into a separate sheet. A sort would work
- but the original data table needs to stay in chronological order. I have
been using =if(g2=0,"",+a2) etc. This works accurately, but my summary table
is not concise due to all the "blank" lines - I am sure there's a better way!!
Thanks for your time !- Hide quoted text -