Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Is it possible to treat and display a #div/0 error as a zero?

I have an output worksheet that relies partially on the the results of
formulas from linked worksheets. I want to be able provide users the option
of not inputing into every other linked worksheet, and thus treating any
#div/0 error as a simple zero value instead. Is there any way to do this
tools, etc?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Maybe you meant:
=IF(ISERROR(<yourformula),0,<yourformula)
--
Max
Singapore
"Andrew" wrote:
I have an output worksheet that relies partially on the the results of
formulas from linked worksheets. I want to be able provide users the option
of not inputing into every other linked worksheet, and thus treating any
#div/0 error as a simple zero value instead. Is there any way to do this
tools, etc?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 16:39:00 -0700, Andrew
wrote:

I have an output worksheet that relies partially on the the results of
formulas from linked worksheets. I want to be able provide users the option
of not inputing into every other linked worksheet, and thus treating any
#div/0 error as a simple zero value instead. Is there any way to do this
tools, etc?

To change div/0 errors to 0, but leave other errors unchanged, you could use:

=IF(ISERROR(your_formula),IF(ERROR.TYPE(your_formu la)=2,0,your_formula),your_formula)

If you have XL2007:

=IFERROR(your_formula,IF(ERROR.TYPE(your_formula)= 2,0,your_formula))

--ron