Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Row Column Cross Hair

What version did Excel start highlighting the column letter and row number of
the active cell? Is there a way to extend that highlighting into the sheet
to the active cell?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Not sure when first introduced but this will do the highlighting you require

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm

Mike

"h2fcell" wrote:

What version did Excel start highlighting the column letter and row number of
the active cell? Is there a way to extend that highlighting into the sheet
to the active cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I first used Excel 97, and I think the row and column identifiers of
the active cell were emboldened in that.

Chip Pearson has an add-in he

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm

to highlight the active cell.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 1, 2:31*pm, h2fcell wrote:
What version did Excel start highlighting the column letter and row number of
the active cell? *Is there a way to extend that highlighting into the sheet
to the active cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I wrote the below code that gives me a moving highlighted row through a range.
The below code works when is copied to the "ThisWorkbook" Object and the
file is saved an reopened.
It works for me.

Private WithEvents App As Application

Private Sub App_SheetSelectionChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As
Range)

With Range("A1:S100").Interior
.Pattern = xlNone
.TintAndShade = 0
.PatternTintAndShade = 0
End With

Ar = ActiveCell.Row
With Range(Cells(Ar, "a"), Cells(Ar, "s")).Interior
.Pattern = xlSolid
.PatternColorIndex = xlAutomatic
.ThemeColor = xlThemeColorAccent3
.TintAndShade = 0.799981688894314