Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I need to move information from a column on one sheet to another s

Ok the problem starts out simple enough but I want to skip every other row.
I am having problems figuring out the formula to use to get it to go every
other row. I have tried it with ='sheet2'!A2 and then on the next row having
='sheet2'!A4 and then trying to drag it down, but Excel doesn't recognize
that pattern even if I continue it further. Is there a way I can make it
pull the information every other row to where I can just click and drag the
formula down like normal?
Thank you for your help,
Ben

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

If you need it to propagate across as well,
to reference/grab the other cols in the source range (besides col A)
you could use this in any start cell in Sheet1, say in B2:
=OFFSET(Sheet2!$A$2,ROWS($1:1)*2-2,COLUMNS($A:A)-1)
Copy B2 across/fill down as required

Here's some easy adaptation notes:
Sheet2!$A$2 is the anchor cell
Point it to the top left cell in the source range

ROWS($1:1)*2-2 is the row param
It increments to produce the required "skip" step of 2
Eg if you need it in steps of 5, use: ROWS($1:1)*5-5

COLUMNS($A:A)-1 is the column param
It increments to produce the simple series: 0,1,2,3..
as the formula is copied across, providing the propagating bit to
reference/grab the other cols in the source range
--
Max
Singapore
"bigbn487" wrote:
Ok the problem starts out simple enough but I want to skip every other row.
I am having problems figuring out the formula to use to get it to go every
other row. I have tried it with ='sheet2'!A2 and then on the next row having
='sheet2'!A4 and then trying to drag it down, but Excel doesn't recognize
that pattern even if I continue it further. Is there a way I can make it
pull the information every other row to where I can just click and drag the
formula down like normal?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I spoke too soon, that is only pulling the information from the even rows, I
need one that I can alter and pull information from the odd rows as well.
I'm sorry I've just never done anything like this on excel.

"bigbn487" wrote:

Ok the problem starts out simple enough but I want to skip every other row.
I am having problems figuring out the formula to use to get it to go every
other row. I have tried it with ='sheet2'!A2 and then on the next row having
='sheet2'!A4 and then trying to drag it down, but Excel doesn't recognize
that pattern even if I continue it further. Is there a way I can make it
pull the information every other row to where I can just click and drag the
formula down like normal?
Thank you for your help,
Ben

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I do not want to be removed from your favorite person list so here goes;

Try
=INDIRECT("'sheet2'!A" & (ROW(A1) * 2 - 1))

"bigbn487" wrote:

Ok the problem starts out simple enough but I want to skip every other row.
I am having problems figuring out the formula to use to get it to go every
other row. I have tried it with ='sheet2'!A2 and then on the next row having
='sheet2'!A4 and then trying to drag it down, but Excel doesn't recognize
that pattern even if I continue it further. Is there a way I can make it
pull the information every other row to where I can just click and drag the
formula down like normal?
Thank you for your help,
Ben

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Max,
that one was a little harder to figure out, but now that I've gotten the
hang of it, it works GREAT! Thank you so much Max and Sheeloo
Ben

"bigbn487" wrote:
Ok the problem starts out simple enough but I want to skip every other row.
I am having problems figuring out the formula to use to get it to go every
other row. I have tried it with ='sheet2'!A2 and then on the next row having
='sheet2'!A4 and then trying to drag it down, but Excel doesn't recognize
that pattern even if I continue it further. Is there a way I can make it
pull the information every other row to where I can just click and drag the
formula down like normal?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Welcome, and thanks for feeding back
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
Downloads:18,300 Files:362 Subscribers:57
xdemechanik
---