-   -   I need to move information from a column on one sheet to another s (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/204433-i-need-move-information-column-one-sheet-another-s.html)

bigbn487

I need to move information from a column on one sheet to another s

Ok the problem starts out simple enough but I want to skip every other row.
I am having problems figuring out the formula to use to get it to go every
other row. I have tried it with ='sheet2'!A2 and then on the next row having
='sheet2'!A4 and then trying to drag it down, but Excel doesn't recognize
that pattern even if I continue it further. Is there a way I can make it
pull the information every other row to where I can just click and drag the
formula down like normal?
Thank you for your help,
Ben

Sheeloo[_2_]

I need to move information from a column on one sheet to another s

Try
=INDIRECT("'Sheet2'!A" & ROW(A1) * 2) and copy down

"bigbn487" wrote:

Ok the problem starts out simple enough but I want to skip every other row.
I am having problems figuring out the formula to use to get it to go every
other row. I have tried it with ='sheet2'!A2 and then on the next row having
='sheet2'!A4 and then trying to drag it down, but Excel doesn't recognize
that pattern even if I continue it further. Is there a way I can make it
pull the information every other row to where I can just click and drag the
formula down like normal?
Thank you for your help,
Ben

bigbn487

I need to move information from a column on one sheet to anoth

Thank you so very much you are my new favorite person :D

"bigbn487" wrote:

Ok the problem starts out simple enough but I want to skip every other row.
I am having problems figuring out the formula to use to get it to go every
other row. I have tried it with ='sheet2'!A2 and then on the next row having
='sheet2'!A4 and then trying to drag it down, but Excel doesn't recognize
that pattern even if I continue it further. Is there a way I can make it
pull the information every other row to where I can just click and drag the
formula down like normal?
Thank you for your help,
Ben

Max

I need to move information from a column on one sheet to another s

If you need it to propagate across as well,
to reference/grab the other cols in the source range (besides col A)
you could use this in any start cell in Sheet1, say in B2:
=OFFSET(Sheet2!$A$2,ROWS($1:1)*2-2,COLUMNS($A:A)-1)
Copy B2 across/fill down as required

Here's some easy adaptation notes:
Sheet2!$A$2 is the anchor cell
Point it to the top left cell in the source range

ROWS($1:1)*2-2 is the row param
It increments to produce the required "skip" step of 2
Eg if you need it in steps of 5, use: ROWS($1:1)*5-5

COLUMNS($A:A)-1 is the column param
It increments to produce the simple series: 0,1,2,3..
as the formula is copied across, providing the propagating bit to
reference/grab the other cols in the source range
--
Max
Singapore
"bigbn487" wrote:
Ok the problem starts out simple enough but I want to skip every other row.
I am having problems figuring out the formula to use to get it to go every
other row. I have tried it with ='sheet2'!A2 and then on the next row having
='sheet2'!A4 and then trying to drag it down, but Excel doesn't recognize
that pattern even if I continue it further. Is there a way I can make it
pull the information every other row to where I can just click and drag the
formula down like normal?

bigbn487

I need to move information from a column on one sheet to anoth

I spoke too soon, that is only pulling the information from the even rows, I
need one that I can alter and pull information from the odd rows as well.
I'm sorry I've just never done anything like this on excel.

"bigbn487" wrote:

Ok the problem starts out simple enough but I want to skip every other row.
I am having problems figuring out the formula to use to get it to go every
other row. I have tried it with ='sheet2'!A2 and then on the next row having
='sheet2'!A4 and then trying to drag it down, but Excel doesn't recognize
that pattern even if I continue it further. Is there a way I can make it
pull the information every other row to where I can just click and drag the
formula down like normal?
Thank you for your help,
Ben

Sheeloo[_2_]

I need to move information from a column on one sheet to anoth

I do not want to be removed from your favorite person list so here goes;

Try
=INDIRECT("'sheet2'!A" & (ROW(A1) * 2 - 1))

"bigbn487" wrote:

Ok the problem starts out simple enough but I want to skip every other row.
I am having problems figuring out the formula to use to get it to go every
other row. I have tried it with ='sheet2'!A2 and then on the next row having
='sheet2'!A4 and then trying to drag it down, but Excel doesn't recognize
that pattern even if I continue it further. Is there a way I can make it
pull the information every other row to where I can just click and drag the
formula down like normal?
Thank you for your help,
Ben

bigbn487

I need to move information from a column on one sheet to anoth

Thanks Max,
that one was a little harder to figure out, but now that I've gotten the
hang of it, it works GREAT! Thank you so much Max and Sheeloo
Ben

"bigbn487" wrote:
Ok the problem starts out simple enough but I want to skip every other row.
I am having problems figuring out the formula to use to get it to go every
other row. I have tried it with ='sheet2'!A2 and then on the next row having
='sheet2'!A4 and then trying to drag it down, but Excel doesn't recognize
that pattern even if I continue it further. Is there a way I can make it
pull the information every other row to where I can just click and drag the
formula down like normal?

Max

I need to move information from a column on one sheet to anoth

Welcome, and thanks for feeding back
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
Downloads:18,300 Files:362 Subscribers:57
xdemechanik
---