Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Selecting options

I am trying to get a price list to work using excel!
I have all of the prices in one spreadsheet, but I need to process the
information a little differently.
I have several systems that when selected need to go to a secondary line
item to allow the user to select one or more options, how is this done? any
ideas
For example:
If I pick item 1 I need the spreadsheet to tell the customer that he must
then go ahead and pick up a subset of options ie board 1 or board 2 or no
board
Is there an easy way of doing this?
Thanks for any help I get
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Might use VLOOKUP to display in the cell to the right of the one where they
make their initial choice, an appropriate message regarding that item. So
you need a lookup table with the first column a list of the possible choices,
the second column a text entry explaining what else they need. The
VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A$1:B$1000,2,False)
where A1 is the cell where they enter their pick, A1:B1000 is the table
where your messages are stored.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire