Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula to add 4 lowest numbers from a column of 6

I am a golf coach and am trying to figure out how to add the 4 lowest scores
to come up with the team score for my HS golf team.
I understand the simple sum formulas but do not know how to get it to pull
out the 4 lowest scores and total them from a column of 6 numbers.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Try this, change the range to suit

=SUM(SMALL(B1:B6,{1,2,3,4}))

Mike

"Mike" wrote:

I am a golf coach and am trying to figure out how to add the 4 lowest scores
to come up with the team score for my HS golf team.
I understand the simple sum formulas but do not know how to get it to pull
out the 4 lowest scores and total them from a column of 6 numbers.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Suggestion number 1 is that instead of copying the formula from newsgroup to
the formula bar of the spreadsheet you tried to retype it and mis-spelled
something.
Suggestion number 2 would be that you have an error in a formula in one of
the cells leading into the formula, so that the #NAME? error occurs
somewhere in the B1:B6 range.
--
David Biddulph