-   -   Formula to add 4 lowest numbers from a column of 6 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/204346-formula-add-4-lowest-numbers-column-6-a.html)

Mike

Formula to add 4 lowest numbers from a column of 6

I am a golf coach and am trying to figure out how to add the 4 lowest scores
to come up with the team score for my HS golf team.
I understand the simple sum formulas but do not know how to get it to pull
out the 4 lowest scores and total them from a column of 6 numbers.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Mike H

Formula to add 4 lowest numbers from a column of 6

Hi,

Try this, change the range to suit

=SUM(SMALL(B1:B6,{1,2,3,4}))

Mike

"Mike" wrote:

I am a golf coach and am trying to figure out how to add the 4 lowest scores
to come up with the team score for my HS golf team.
I understand the simple sum formulas but do not know how to get it to pull
out the 4 lowest scores and total them from a column of 6 numbers.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Mike

Formula to add 4 lowest numbers from a column of 6

I get the following error #NAME?
any suggestions?

"Mike" wrote:

I am a golf coach and am trying to figure out how to add the 4 lowest scores
to come up with the team score for my HS golf team.
I understand the simple sum formulas but do not know how to get it to pull
out the 4 lowest scores and total them from a column of 6 numbers.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

David Biddulph[_2_]

Formula to add 4 lowest numbers from a column of 6

Suggestion number 1 is that instead of copying the formula from newsgroup to
the formula bar of the spreadsheet you tried to retype it and mis-spelled
something.
Suggestion number 2 would be that you have an error in a formula in one of
the cells leading into the formula, so that the #NAME? error occurs
somewhere in the B1:B6 range.
--
David Biddulph

"Mike" wrote:

I am a golf coach and am trying to figure out how to add the 4 lowest
scores
to come up with the team score for my HS golf team.
I understand the simple sum formulas but do not know how to get it to
pull
out the 4 lowest scores and total them from a column of 6 numbers.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Mike H

Formula to add 4 lowest numbers from a column of 6

Did you paste it exacly as posted. Small doesn't require the analysis toolpak
so make sure a rogue spaces hasn't got into SU M or SM ALL

Mike