Junior Member

Location: Washington DC
Question Automatically moving from one cell to another

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to program the cursor to automatically move from one cell to the next without having to use the arrow buttons, or the tab key. I am only entering a 0, 1 or 2 in each cell but have to use the down arrow to move to the next cell and I want to know if there is a way to automate the process, i.e. I enter a "1" in Cell A1 and then have the cursor move to Cell A2 without me having to press any additional keys, where I would then enter a 0, 1, or 2, and then have the cursor move again to A3 and so on until I reach the end of the file. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have to do this almost 200 times for each file, and cutting the keystrokes in half would simplify my job greatly.

Thanks in advance
Marshall

Last edited by mcowan3 : September 28th 08 at 09:01 PM
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Automatically moving from one cell to another

Hi,

If the previous suggestion is what you are looking for, this is done in 2007
by clicking the Office Button, Excel Options, Advanced, and check After
pressing Enter move selection and choose a Direction, usually Down.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

Tools Options Edit Put a tick in "Move selection after entry" and
select Down from the dropdown list.

Thai is for up to XL2003, I don't know about XL2007

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"mcowan3" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Excel doesn't know when you have finished editing a cell until you tell it
by hitting Enter, Tab or Arrow key.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP