Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Automatically moving from one cell to another

Excel doesn't know when you have finished editing a cell until you tell it
by hitting Enter, Tab or Arrow key.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 20:04:42 +0100, mcowan3
wrote:

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to program the cursor to
automatically move from one cell to the next without having to use the
arrow buttons, or the tab key. I am only entering a 0, 1 or 2 in each
cell but have to use the down arrow to move to the next cell and I want
to know if there is a way to automate the process, i.e. I enter a "1" in
Cell A1 and then have the cursor move to Cell A2 without me having to
press any additional keys, where I would then enter a 0, 1, or 2, and
then have the cursor move again to A3 and so on until I reach the end
of the file. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have to do this
almost 200 times for each file, and cutting the keystrokes in half would
simplify my job greatly.

Thanks in advance
Marshall