Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default If Function

I have a spreadsheet for our office football pool. I put in everyone's picks
and if the team they pick matches the winner they get a point and then it
totals those points. My problem is, that before the games are played, the
spreadsheet puts a winner in the column based off my formula:
=IF(D2F2,A2,C2), D2 being the first team and F2 being the second team, if
the games haven't been played yet and the cells for D2 &F2 are empty it will
put in the team in cell F2. I would like for it to be blank unless I have a
score entered. How would I accomplish this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That worked, I kept trying to put in 2 IF functions, I didn't think about
count function.

THANKS!!

"Mike H" wrote:

Try,

=IF(COUNT(D2,F2)<2,"",IF(D2F2,A2,C2))

Mike

Mike

"trnivens" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet for our office football pool. I put in everyone's picks
and if the team they pick matches the winner they get a point and then it
totals those points. My problem is, that before the games are played, the
spreadsheet puts a winner in the column based off my formula:
=IF(D2F2,A2,C2), D2 being the first team and F2 being the second team, if
the games haven't been played yet and the cells for D2 &F2 are empty it will
put in the team in cell F2. I would like for it to be blank unless I have a
score entered. How would I accomplish this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Depends upon what type of "football" we're talking about. In American
professional football (NFL), there have been only 3 ties since 1990. Probably
not worth added programming.

What is called soccer here (and football almost everywhere else) is a completely
different story...