Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default If Function

=IF(COUNT(D2,F2)=2,IF(D2F2,A2,C2),"")

Are you sure that you don't need another condition for a drawn game?
--
David Biddulph

"trnivens" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet for our office football pool. I put in everyone's
picks
and if the team they pick matches the winner they get a point and then it
totals those points. My problem is, that before the games are played, the
spreadsheet puts a winner in the column based off my formula:
=IF(D2F2,A2,C2), D2 being the first team and F2 being the second team, if
the games haven't been played yet and the cells for D2 &F2 are empty it
will
put in the team in cell F2. I would like for it to be blank unless I have
score entered. How would I accomplish this?