Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Comma in Function Argument name treated as separator

I am referencing an internet based workbook in a Vlookup function that has a
comma in the internet address. The problem is that Excel is treating the
comma in the name as the separator for the arguments. Is there a way around
this?

eg.

The workbook is at
http://some_server_name/John Smith Company, Inc/Report.xls

I am using:
Vlookup(A2, 'http://some_server_name/John Smith Company,
Inc/[Report.xls]Data'!$A$2:$Z$45, 8, 0)

It is treating the comma between "Company" and "Inc" as the comma between
"$A$2:$C$45" and "8"

Thanks,
Ken
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions