Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Date Function

I have a work sheet in which column A is having "Recd On" (Date). column B
is having "Dispatch On" (Date). If there is no holiday Dispatch On date =
Recd On Date +3 . Column H is having list of dates on which there is holiday.
What i want is a formula which will give me Dispatch Date which is not a
holiday. For example if recd date is 24/09/2008 and there is holiday on
27/9/08,28/9/08,30/9/08 then Dispatch Date should be 01/10/08.

Harshawardhan.Shastri

India

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

try this,

Add 3 working days to a1. Holidays is a named range that contains any
national holidays
=WORKDAY(A1,3,Holidays)

Mike

"HARSHAWARDHAN. S .SHASTRI" wrote:

I have a work sheet in which column A is having "Recd On" (Date). column B
is having "Dispatch On" (Date). If there is no holiday Dispatch On date =
Recd On Date +3 . Column H is having list of dates on which there is holiday.
What i want is a formula which will give me Dispatch Date which is not a
holiday. For example if recd date is 24/09/2008 and there is holiday on
27/9/08,28/9/08,30/9/08 then Dispatch Date should be 01/10/08.

Harshawardhan.Shastri

India

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Look at the WORKDAY function, you obviously need to create a list of public
holidays and incorporate it
in the formula

=WORKDAY(A1,3,holidays)

where A1 is the date, 3 is the number of days and holidays can be a named
range with public holidays or just a range e.g. H2:H10

Unless you are using Excel 2007 WORKDAY is not installed by default but it
comes with the Excel/Office CD
so if you get a name error go to toolsadd-ins and select Analysis ToolPak
and follow the instructions (keep the CD handy)

Peo Sjoblom

"HARSHAWARDHAN. S .SHASTRI"
wrote in message

I have a work sheet in which column A is having "Recd On" (Date). column B
is having "Dispatch On" (Date). If there is no holiday Dispatch On date =
Recd On Date +3 . Column H is having list of dates on which there is
holiday.
What i want is a formula which will give me Dispatch Date which is not a
holiday. For example if recd date is 24/09/2008 and there is holiday on
27/9/08,28/9/08,30/9/08 then Dispatch Date should be 01/10/08.

Harshawardhan.Shastri

India

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It does not works.Showing #NAME?.This formula (Workday) is not there in
function list.

Harshawardhan Shastri

"Mike H" wrote:

try this,

Add 3 working days to a1. Holidays is a named range that contains any
national holidays
=WORKDAY(A1,3,Holidays)

Mike

"HARSHAWARDHAN. S .SHASTRI" wrote:

I have a work sheet in which column A is having "Recd On" (Date). column B
is having "Dispatch On" (Date). If there is no holiday Dispatch On date =
Recd On Date +3 . Column H is having list of dates on which there is holiday.
What i want is a formula which will give me Dispatch Date which is not a
holiday. For example if recd date is 24/09/2008 and there is holiday on
27/9/08,28/9/08,30/9/08 then Dispatch Date should be 01/10/08.

Harshawardhan.Shastri

India

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You need Analysis ToolPak installed, see my answer to you

Peo Sjoblom

=
Recd On Date +3 . Column H is having list of dates on which there is
holiday.
What i want is a formula which will give me Dispatch Date which is not
holiday. For example if recd date is 24/09/2008 and there is holiday on
27/9/08,28/9/08,30/9/08 then Dispatch Date should be 01/10/08.

Harshawardhan.Shastri

India

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I can heartily recommend the use of the Excel help function. Type in the
word WORKDAY, and see what it tells you.
--
David Biddulph