Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Insert Function in an email button

I have an excel document that has an "email button". The insert function has
it putting the current page onto the body of the email. I would like to have
it just automatically attached the entire workbook instead. Can this be
done, and how. Help? Thanks. :)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Sep 23, 10:43 am, Barb wrote:
I have an excel document that has an "email button". The insert function has
it putting the current page onto the body of the email. I would like to have
it just automatically attached the entire workbook instead. Can this be
done, and how. Help? Thanks. :)

What kind of button? Toolbar or custom?

There is a Toolbar button for both Send Email and Send (as
attachment). You should be able to use Customize to pull out the
proper button and use it. It is under the File group of buttons in
Customize.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Sep 23, 11:31 am, Barb wrote:
Hi Spiky. It is a custom button, in the body of the excel document.

Then it probably calls a macro. You could change the macro.

But, since Excel already has a built-in button sitting there in
Customize....really seems like that is the short path to what you
want. I'm looking at xl2003, I suppose if you are in a different
version it could be different.