Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default function to add time totals over 24 hours

I have a total column that gives me the difference of start time to end time.
It is formatted as 13:30 in excel. I need to now add all the totals. I used
to have a function that would add the total hours once is went over 24. I
can't find it anymore. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Mike
I recently learnt this from this forum:

Format in-time and out-time columns in "13:30" mode
use this formula: mod(out_time - in_time,1)
which will give you the time diff. i.e., the no.of hrs worked.
You can total this column as usual.
I have adopted this now....thank to this forum
Barnabas