-   -   function to add time totals over 24 hours (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/203372-function-add-time-totals-over-24-hours.html)

mikesteven

function to add time totals over 24 hours

I have a total column that gives me the difference of start time to end time.
It is formatted as 13:30 in excel. I need to now add all the totals. I used
to have a function that would add the total hours once is went over 24. I
can't find it anymore. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Mike

Rick Rothstein

function to add time totals over 24 hours

Try formatting the total cell using a Custom Format of this... [hh]:mm

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"mikesteven" wrote in message
I have a total column that gives me the difference of start time to end
time.
It is formatted as 13:30 in excel. I need to now add all the totals. I
used
to have a function that would add the total hours once is went over 24. I
can't find it anymore. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Mike

barnabas

function to add time totals over 24 hours

Hi Mike
I recently learnt this from this forum:

Format in-time and out-time columns in "13:30" mode
use this formula: mod(out_time - in_time,1)
which will give you the time diff. i.e., the no.of hrs worked.
You can total this column as usual.
I have adopted this now....thank to this forum
Barnabas