Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Max census of patients in any hr

Hi,

I have the following data -

Row Date Time in Time out
1 1/1/08 1:05 AM 1:40 AM
2 1/1/08 1:15 AM 2:04 AM
3 1/1/08 1:30 AM 1:59 AM
4 1/1/08 1:45 AM 1:50 AM
5 1/1/08 2:01 AM 2:15 AM

I am trying to find out the max census by hr. Below is the report I am
looking to create for each day of the year.
Date Between 1-2 AM Between 2-3 AM ............
1/1/08 3
1/2/08
I figured out the logic but can't figured out. The logic is the (Count of
Time In between 1 and 2 AM) - (Count of corresponding Time out that are less
than any of the Time In)

So between 1-2 AM there are 4 patients in. But the Time out (1:40 AM) is
less than Time In (1:45 AM).

Therefor max census is 4-1 = 3.

I hope all this makes sense :)

Can you help me figure a way to do this?

Thanks!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Copy this in G3
=SUMPRODUCT(--($B$2:$B$6=F3),--($C$2:$C$6$G$2),--($D$2:$D$6<$H$2))and press
CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER

Assuming your data is in Col A-D
F3 contains the date to compare to, G2 contains the lower time limit and H2
the upper time limit.

Change $B$6, $C$6 and $D$6 to the end of your data range.

"sreeks" wrote:

Hi,

I have the following data -

Row Date Time in Time out
1 1/1/08 1:05 AM 1:40 AM
2 1/1/08 1:15 AM 2:04 AM
3 1/1/08 1:30 AM 1:59 AM
4 1/1/08 1:45 AM 1:50 AM
5 1/1/08 2:01 AM 2:15 AM

I am trying to find out the max census by hr. Below is the report I am
looking to create for each day of the year.
Date Between 1-2 AM Between 2-3 AM ............
1/1/08 3
1/2/08
I figured out the logic but can't figured out. The logic is the (Count of
Time In between 1 and 2 AM) - (Count of corresponding Time out that are less
than any of the Time In)

So between 1-2 AM there are 4 patients in. But the Time out (1:40 AM) is
less than Time In (1:45 AM).

Therefor max census is 4-1 = 3.

I hope all this makes sense :)

Can you help me figure a way to do this?

Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Using Excel 2007, Pivot Table.
No Sumproduct or array formulas: