jeff moore via OfficeKB.com

Default multifuntion formula

I'm trying to figure out how can create do give me the following information

These are my column headers
ColumnA ColumnB ColumnC D E
dateH dateR dateT LC RC
2/2/2004 3/8/2004 I06 009
12/1/2003 2/3/2003 I08 514
3/22/2004 3/24/2004 V12 010
4/12/2004 5/11/2004 v25 4365
12/1/2003 12/4/2003 V25 514
5/24/2004 6/3/2004 I06 514
5/24/2004 6/8/2004 V12 009

In column F I have inserted the formula to calculate the number of months.
At the bottom of column F I need a count of how many were 1-3 months,
I06,I08 (Info from column D); how many were 1-3 months V12; How many were 1-
3 months V25. I also need a formula to count how many were from 514
(column E) were V12 and how many 514 were V25.

Thanks

JulieD

Hi Jeff

i think you're after the COUNTIF function
e.g.
=COUNTIF(D1:D100,"V12")
with the first one you're after you can do
=COUNTIF(D1:D100,"I06")+COUNTIF(D1:D100,"I08")

hope this helps

--
Cheers
JulieD