Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Can I reduce (101.25) to only what's *right* of decimal? (25)

Can I reduce (101.25) to only what's *right* of decimal? (25)
Is there a function or a series of steps to accomplish this within an excel
spreadsheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi
=MOD(A1,1)

this will get you what is right of the decimal which is .25. however your
example was 25 so just multiply by 100.

=MOD(A1,1)*100

adjust cell reference to suit.
regards
FSt1

"jay45940" wrote:

Can I reduce (101.25) to only what's *right* of decimal? (25)
Is there a function or a series of steps to accomplish this within an excel
spreadsheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

FSt1 wrote...
hi
=MOD(A1,1)

this will get you what is right of the decimal which is .25. however your
example was 25 so just multiply by 100.

=MOD(A1,1)*100

Probably OK, but MOD will fail when A1 2^29. Safer to use

=A1-TRUNC(A1)

or

=SUBSTITUTE(A1-TRUNC(A1),"0.","")

The latter returns a text string which would retain leading zeros.