Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Add contents of two cells when a tick box is ticked

I have a stock control sheet with quantity in stock and quantity ordered.
When the order arrives I want to be able to tick a check box, thus adding the
quantity in stock cell to the amount ordered cell to show in the quantity in
stock cell.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

I wonder why you need a check box for it. You simply put a formula in the
"Quantity in stock":

=if(countblank(cell_ref)=1,previous quantity ref,previous quantity
ref+cell_ref)

cell_ref is the cell reference of the quantity ordered.

Ashsih Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com