Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Looking for alpha characters in a field

Good Morning,

I have a listing in Excel where I have a field that should only contain
dates using number characters. The issue is that if part of the date is
missing or unknown, they will be keyed using either "M" or "U" for the
missing or unknown values.

What I am looking for is a solution for identifying records that contain
alpha characters.

Thank you for your help!

Fred

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand the format of this field but the simplest test
would be

=ISTEXT(A1)

This would return true if A1 contained any Alpha characters

Mike